The main character is a single & 30-something. Throughout the book she has little life rules. I don't think I'll ever forget this one because it explains SO much!!
Lily's Rule #23: Buying a KitchenAid mixer for yourself as a single woman in her thirties is tantamount to potential marriage suicide. It is throwing in the karmic towel. The KitchenAid mixer is a wedding gift, period. You buy one for yourself, you tempt the gods.
Wanna guess what I bought myself four years ago for my 32nd birthday?
Yep, a pretty grape KitchenAid mixer.

3 comments:
Ooh - that's a double whammy - a purple one!? Not that is surprises me ;-)
You know I was just thinking the other day that you look like Jen Lancaster - I think it's the smile. You introduced me to her and I like to speak of her as my BFF too. It's not wrong. I was so mad, she did a reading at the Book Cellar, which is less than a mile from my house, but we were out of town!
The purple/grape color is good for my very boring white & beige kitchen.
Jason is convinced Jen is my long lost twin so it'd be cool to look like her.
It's probably good I dont live in Chicago...she'd get tired of me showing up at everything. Sucks that you were out of town when she was practically next door to your house.
Heck...I Tivo'd a whole Oprah just because she was on for two seconds on the dog show. Just a tad obsessive. :)
I loved 'Bitter is the New Black' and I'm an old married woman now! She's awesome. And only you could find such a cool purple mixer.
Post a Comment