Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Summer...the Cliff Notes version

Ok...keeping up with a blog seems to be really difficult for me...I think of ideas on the drive to & from work but when it comes time to write it, it sounds really lame. I guess Im not a good writer. I tend to think in bullet point lists so here's a quick list of my summer...
  • I went to NJ to visit family for a week...half that time was at the shore house visiting my Aunt Kathryn, cousins Christian & Justin & their families. The water was freezing! But no jellyfish!
  • The rest of the week was in Mount Holly NJ visiting my grandma, Aunt Janet, Aunt Leslie & her full house (uncle, 3 cousins, 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 birds & Im sure there are other critters)

  • Jason & I went to Crown Valley Winery in Ste Genevieve (sadly, it was a super crowded day)...then stayed in the lively (not!) town of Farmington.

  • The following day we went floating on the Black River in Lesterville. Everything talked about how clear the water was. What they failed to mention is the water is rarely more than knee deep! We pushed & pulled the raft a lot!! There is also no current so there was lots of paddling. Not as relaxing as I'd hoped.


  • Jason & I (& friends) went to a trivia night for the Humane Society Saturday & got our picture taken...the photographer was using up the last of his film before he went to the next event (this was 30 min before trivia even started) We didnt do so great at trivia but I did win two silent auction baskets...one with a martini theme & one with a wine theme

  • Of course, there have been several bike rides...but not as many as there should have been since I've got a BIG ride coming up Saturday

I leave for Whitefish Montana Thursday morning. I'll be riding in a Juvenile Diabetes (JDRF) bike ride there. (And if you are wondering, there's still time to donate. Ask me how!)

Im hoping I'll blog more once summer is over. Im much better at keeping up with my status on Twitter. (I love having the internet on my phone!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You have been a busy bee this summer!!! Here's my summer bullet pointed out:

- Painting.

Fun times!! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You have been a busy bee this summer!!! Here's my summer bullet pointed out:

- Painting.

Fun times!! : )