
Back in May, I participated in Bike to Work Day. For me this is an 11 mile journey that starts with 2 big hills and one street way that's way more busy than I'd like. On this morning, there was a "refueling station" with drinks, bagels & donuts sponsored by Trailnet (organizers of large group rides in STL). I registered for the Bike Month Challenge (like I do every year) & then continued on to work where my baby wipe "shower" awaited.
One month goes by (nope, no more riding to work yet...been training to run a 5k too...but that's a different miserable story) & I received a message on the answering machine that I won a bike. I then run all over the condo freaking out the poor kitties because of my loud excited yelling!
I picked up my Cannondale Adventure 400 bike last Friday. Disappointingly, they only had two sizes available a medium & a large. They gave me the medium...it looked like it might work...but no, I cannot even stand over the bar. So now Im selling my brand new pretty bike that I'd planned to use to commute to work more frequently. (Know anyone looking for a new bike?...it's only $400....that's 25% off retail!)
I also had to buy the Delta Michelangelo Two-Bike Gravity Stand Michelangelo for my kitchen (yep, no kitchen table because the bikes live there). I currently have 3 bikes in my kitchen & 1 at Jason's (that one will be for sale soon too). My bikes now outnumber my cats (& litterboxes).

1 comment:
That is a lot of bikes! I'm so sorry your prize bike didn't work out. Hope you find a buyer soon so you can free up some kitchen space! When did you start training for a run? Wow!
I'm so glad you started a blog! I hope you have time to post about your upcoming vacation with Jason, too! - Amy
Post a Comment